Thursday, June 26, 2008

All-American
Mini Apple Pies


I got a recipe for these mini pies from a Time Life recipe card that was mailed to me. They were a perfect ending to the meal we had tonight. I love anything that's "mini," and these were really delish! They remind me of little apple pie cupcakes. Mama, Aubrey, and I had a nice midnight snack while watching a movie. Good times!


Ingredients:
2 medium tart baking apples (I used fuji)
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 sheet refrigerated pie crust (1/2 box)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425. Peel, core, and chop apples into 1/4-inch pieces. In medium bowl, combine apples, sugar, flour, and cinnamon, tossing gently. Set aside.

Open and unroll pie crust flat onto work surface. Using 4-inches-wide bowl or cup, cut our five circles, reserving scraps. Press each circle inside 5 spaces of muffin tin.

Evenly divide apple mixture into each prepared muffin cup. Cut reserved dough scraps into strips 1/4-inch wide. Top each pie with strips. Fill remaining empty muffin cup 1/4 way up with water.

Bake until bubbling, about 18 minutes. Let pies cool in muffin tin, then remove.

Nutritional Info: (per serving) - 270 Calories; 40g Carbs; 2g Protein; 5g Fat; 160mg Sodium; 10mg Cholesterol; less than 1g Fiber; 18g Sugar.

1 comment:

MrsSchoon said...

Oh my gosh! These are so adorable. Definitely starring this recipe to try. Thanks for posting!