"Taste and see that the Lord is good." Psalm 34:8 **** I am so thankful for cupcakes and ice cream, but most of all God's goodness and mercy that He gives us through His Son Jesus Christ.
Monday, August 8, 2011
Crockpot Salsa Chicken Tacos
My crockpot and I have become great friends over the past year. I kindof left her in the back of a cabinet for several years since I didn't really know what to do with her, but thankfully she forgave me. Some of my favorite meals have come from the crockpot, and nothing beats coming home to dinner ready to be served.
This particular recipe is perfect for tacos, lettuce wraps, baked potatoes, and even nachos. My package of chicken wasn't quite a pound, so mine came out a little creamier (but amazing, nonetheless). I also used salsa verde because I had some already opened in my fridge. I'll be excited to compare the recipe using the red salsa in the near future (although this one will be hard to beat). We ate on this for 3 nights and didn't even get tired of it. That says a lot!
Crockpot Salsa Chicken Tacos
Ingredients:
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup (I used fat-free)
1 cup salsa (red or green)
1 package taco seasoning
3/4 cup light sour cream or fat-free plain greek yogurt
Flour tortillas
Toppings of your choice
Directions:
Mix soup, salsa and taco seasoning in the bottom of your crockpot. Sink chicken breasts into the mixture, covering completely. Cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
Remove chicken, shred, and return to the crockpot. Add sour cream (or greek yogurt) and mix well. Heat until everything is warmed through.
Create tacos with your favorite toppings.
Source: adapted from My Finds Online
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I love the crockpot, too! The flavors sound like they'd meld together really well and make the chicken yummy! Illu.
Post a Comment