Sunday, May 31, 2009

Chocolate-Peanut Butter Ice Cream

I'm speechless about this ice cream. I feel like no words can express how rich and wonderfully creamy it really is.
My dad came to visit, and I wanted to have a special dessert waiting. I crumbled peanut butter cups for the topping. The only thing I'd do differently next time is to make double or triple the recipe.
.... Then again; maybe not. That would be WAY too dangerous because I'm sure there are close to a million calories in this bowl.



Ingredients:
2 cups half-and-half
1/4 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
1/2 cup sugar
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter

Directions:
Whisk together the half-and-half, cocoa powder, sugar, and salt in a large saucepan. Heat the mixture, whisking frequently, until it comes to a full, rolling boil (it will start to foam up). Remove from the heat and whisk in the peanut butter, stirring until thoroughly blended.
Chill the mixture thoroughly, then freeze it in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.

Source: The Perfect Scoop, by David Lebovitz

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This used to be my go-to order at Baskin Robbins... I'm so bummed I couldn't bring my ice cream maker with me to Korea!

michelle said...

I really need to buy an ice cream maker, this looks awesome!

Ellie said...

I finally broke down and bought this cook book. Your ice cream always makes me drool!

Lynn said...

I just made this and it was delicious! Thanks!

Meg said...

Oh, Maryanna, please try this one on ME sometimes! :-) It looks sooooooo good!
Illu mucho!

Anonymous said...

That icecream is sooo dangerous looking. Unfortunately I don't have an ice cream maker, which could be an ok thing...