This pig dip sauce did just what I wanted it to do. This is a very thin vinegar/ketchup-based sauce that would be good for a baste mop or a finishing slather. We use it as a post-cooking soak for the meat. We pour the sauce over the pulled pork and mix it throughout. I prefer this over the thick BBQ sauces because this coats every square inch of the meat.
If you would like another great BBQ sauce, you should try the White BBQ Sauce.
Big Bob Gibson's Western Carolina Pig Dip
Ingredients:
4 cups distilled vinegar
2 cups ketchup
1/2 cup brown sugar
8 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
4 teaspoons salt
1 Tablespoon Paprika
1 teaspoon hot sauce
1 teaspoon black pepper
**Note that this makes 6 1/2 cups of sauce. I usually cut these ingredients in half when we smoke a 6 pound pork butt.
Directions:
In a large nonreactive bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well with a whisk. Make at least 24 hours prior to usage for best flavor. Store the sauce in a tightly covered jar for up to 1 month refrigerated.
When meat is pulled or chopped, mix the sauce throughout the meat. We like to serve on slider buns with a warm pickle and maybe even some cole slaw on top.
Source: Big Bob Gibson's BBQ Book
2 comments:
I am making pulled pork this week, can't wait to try this.
Oh, yummy!
My mouth is watering! Glad Aubrey is finding recipes in "his" cookbook! :-)
Post a Comment