"Taste and see that the Lord is good." Psalm 34:8 **** I am so thankful for cupcakes and ice cream, but most of all God's goodness and mercy that He gives us through His Son Jesus Christ.
Tuesday, July 19, 2011
Grilled Chicken Bruschetta
We've been enjoying our home grown tomatoes and basil over the past few weeks. One of my favorite summer time recipes is bruschetta on top of a piece of toasted french bread. I never would have thought to pair it with chicken, and I'm so glad I found this recipe. This is one of my favorite chicken recipes to date. It's like summer wrapped up in a meal.
The bruschetta mixture is best when it has time to marinate. Make it the night before for the best flavor. Add the cheese while grilling the chicken the next night, and it makes for a very quick meal.
Grilled Chicken Bruschetta
Ingredients:
1/4 cup red onion, chopped
1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper, to taste
3 medium vine ripe tomatoes, chopped
2 small cloves garlic, minced
2 Tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
3 ounces part skim mozzarella, diced
4 (4-ounce) pieces of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Directions:
In a medium bowl, combine the onion, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Set aside for a few minutes.
Add the tomatoes, garlic, and basil to the onion mixture. You can add additional salt and pepper, if desired. Set aside and let it sit at least 10 minutes or preferably overnight. Toss in the cheese when ready to serve.
Place chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound to about 1/2-inch thick. Season with salt and pepper and grill on your indoor or outdoor grill. Top chicken with bruschetta and serve.
Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Info (per serving): 236.8 calories; 8.5g fat; 32.4g protein; 6.8g carbs; 1.3g fiber; 0.5g sugar; 182.9mg sodium (without the salt)
Source: Gina's Skinny Recipes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
OOOOHHHH....the flavors together sound wonderful! Low cal, too! What could be better? :-)
Great stuff --- another good post to read.
I thought I should make this recipe when it was on Skinny Taste and now...yep, I need to make this recipe!
Post a Comment