"Taste and see that the Lord is good." Psalm 34:8 **** I am so thankful for cupcakes and ice cream, but most of all God's goodness and mercy that He gives us through His Son Jesus Christ.
Friday, October 7, 2011
Apple Cinnamon Monkey Bread Muffins
I received this recipe from Joelen from the What's Cookin, Chicago blog. The theme of this recipe swap was apple or pumpkin. I was so excited to get this recipe because I love monkey bread, and I've always loved looking at Joelen's blog. She is super smart and talented when it comes to food, and I knew this recipe was going to be a winner.
I chose to make mini monkey bread in muffin tins in order to help with portion control. If you would rather make the whole thing in a bundt pan, head over to Joelen's post to get the ingredient amounts and baking time. Whichever you choose to make, you will be pleased. The pre-made biscuit dough makes this recipe whip up in no time. I loved the sugary crust that forms on the top layer, and the apple filling was a nice twist to the original monkey bread that I've tried in the past.
Apple Cinnamon Monkey Bread Muffins
Ingredients:
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
6 Tablespoons butter, melted
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 (12-ounce) cans refrigerated biscuits (10-count)
2 small apples, peeled and finely chopped
1 cup coarsely chopped pecans, divided
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
Spray muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. Mix the granulated sugar and cinnamon, set aside.
In a small bowl, combine the melted butter and brown sugar, stirring well; set aside
Cut each biscuit in half (to make 40 pieces total) and flatten with your fingers. Dredge each side of the flattened biscuit in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Place 1/2 teaspoon of chopped apples in the center of each biscuit, wrapping and sealing the dough around the apples; set aside. Repeat with all the remaining biscuits.
Sprinkle 1/3 of the chopped pecans among each of the 12 muffin spaces. Place 2 of the prepared biscuits in each muffin space, making sure they cover the bottom. Sprinkle with some of the cinnamon-sugar mixture, and pour half of the melted butter mixture over the biscuits. Sprinkle with another 1/3 of the chopped pecans.
Layer the remaining biscuits (1-2) on top of the pecans in the muffin tins. Sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture, and pour the remaining butter mixture over the biscuits. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/3 cup of pecans.
Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until golden. Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes. Place a platter on top and invert (or carefully remove with a spoon).
Source: What's Cookin, Chicago?; originally adapted from Paula Deen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
This looks soooo good!
WOW!! Loving all the fall recipes, and this one looks soo good, I am drooling... Think this is going on the menu for next week, thanks for sharing have a great weekend!!
This looks so good, Love the recipe, nice post. Thanks for sharing.
The perfect way to enjoy a delicious, gooey treat during Fall! I'll have to try it.
Maryanna, these muffins look so delicious and decadent! This would be a perfect breakfast, especially with all of my favorite fall flavors. Thanks for sharing your recipe. You have a beautiful blog and I'm so glad to have found it. I'm looking forward to seeing more from you!
Yum! These look great.
Thanks for being part of the recipe swap!
Yum....I'll bet these are like eating apple pie for breakfast or break! :-)
Post a Comment