Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Donut Hole Acorns



Last week I had a meeting in the city that I grew up in. I always enjoy meetings there because I get to see my family and friends. My mom was in charge of helping with a reception for the new teachers at her school. She wanted to make these acorns for the "Fall themed" reception, and she didn't have to twist my arm too hard to get me to help.

We used peanut butter and chocolate jimmies for the acorn top, but we both agreed that Nutella and toffee bits would taste better.  You can make these the night before or the day of serving. If you make them too far in advance, they will dry out.





What you'll need to make these:

Donut holes
Nutella (or peanut butter)
Toffee bits (or chocolate jimmies)
Pretzel sticks, broken in half


The directions are pretty much self-explanatory.  Dip the donut hole in the Nutella (or peanut butter), making sure to cover about 1/3 of the top. Then roll it in the toffee bits (or jimmies). Stick a half of a pretzel stick in the top and set on wax paper. Keep in a covered container until serving time.

Source: Gracious Rain

2 comments:

Meg said...

They look so cute! I just saw another one that put those tiny nutter butter rounds with a Hershey's kiss and then a chocolate chip for the stem. They definitely wouldn't stand up, but yum......

Kacey said...

These are so ridiculously cute!!! I love this! I just have to find a party to bring them to so I can make them, otherwise I'll eat them all!!!